Required Equipment: Boys Lacrosse
All players MUST have a lacrosse stick and wear the following pieces of protective equipment during practices and games. NO EXCEPTIONS. This equipment must be professionally manufactured and not altered. Each player mustalways have a properly molded mouthpiece, that is NOT white or clear (must be a color).
- Helmet: Designed for lacrosse and meeting the NOCSAE test requirements. The helmet must have a face mask and a chin strap that is firmly attached.
- Mouthpiece: All players must wear a professionally manufactured intra-oral mouthpiece that fully covers the upper jaw teeth. It can be of any color, except white or clear and may not be altered to decrease protection.
- Gloves: Padded gloves with unaltered palms are worn for protection that are made specifically for lacrosse.
- Shoulder Pads: Shoulder pads that are made specifically for lacrosse, and in no way are altered from manufacturer’s original construction.
- Arm Pads: Since the arms are usually near your stick, they may be exposed to contact making arm protection vital. (Pads must be made specifically for lacrosse.)
- Cleats (recommended, not required)
- Rib Pads: Protection for the rib cage is recommended (not required)
- Protective Cup: It is highly recommended that a protective cup be worn both during games and practices.
NGLA provides goalie equipment but players wishing to focus on the position may wish to purchase their own.